two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW DAY!


We had a sprinkling of snow this past weekend, but Tuesday night the sky opened up, and it really SNOWED! The Navy base closed, the schools closed, and we had a snow day!

After a morning of phone calls telling Kenny that he would not be going to work, we figured out how we would go sledding on the hills across the street. Kenny quickly blew up his little sleeping bag mattress, and we were off to play in the snow! We made snow angels, threw some snowballs, and then got to sledding. Now sadly, while attempting to throw some snowballs at my husband, I pulled my rotator cuff (woops!), but being in the snow certainly numbed me up for a while.

Here are some pictures of our fun in the snow!
Me sledding:Kenny sledding:

We even made a little snowman!

Today we have even more snow and have another day of no school and no work for Kenny. We have watched a couple of cars slide down the hill next to our house. One slid right into the phone pole in front of our house. And the best part was watching this girl walk down the hill in knee high platform high heeled stripper boots. I wish I had a picture of her boots, but sadly, I dont. Just imagine... WAIT! she came back up the hill and so I got a couple of shots of this lady and her special boots which are completely NOT practical in the snow. She almost fell at least twice. So here this mystery woman is:Happy Snow Day!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Y'all are hilarious!! I can't believe we are missing the GREAT SNOWSTORM!! I'm so bummed! :( Sorry it is messing with work stuff, but I'm so glad y'all are making the most of it and having fun. Hope your arm heals fast!