two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to DAD!

To the man who raised me, taught me to play lacrosse, kayak, and stand up to high school boys. To the man who would always yell, "Go baby, go!" when I ran cross country and was at the back end of the race. To the man who held back my hair whenever I was sick. To the man who NOW treats me to fountain sodas at 7-11. To the man whom I would have gladly shared a birthday with, I was just a little eager to get out (sorry dad). To the man who gave me my love of a good snickers bar.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Dad's second visit to Washington on top of Hurricane Ridge...
Dad and I at our final Chi Omega Parents Weekend...
Dad with the Maevester - a little bit like a mini-me
Dad and his headlamp with the Maevester... She LOVES her Doc!

The man is 69 years of age and still going strong!


And just a little side note, for pictures of my birthday extravaganza, go to Beth's blog because she so kindly captured the night for me. Thanks to all of the VQ-1 ladies who helped me celebrate and enjoy the big 2-5 despite Kenny being gone. And don't you fret, that great hubby of mine threw me a fabulous pre-deployment/bday celebration that included hiking, a decorated house, steamed shrimp dinner, favorite bottle of pinot grigio, and ice cream cake! AND A BRAND NEW GUITAR!

(Please excuse the less than glamorous lighting. It is hard to take a picture of one's self with a guitar!)

So Happy Birthday Dad! And thanks for all of the birthday wishes!!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your dad is such a keeper! :) So funny when I read your comment about Kenny, I was thinking the same thing and feeling super special that he left a comment! :) Plus that boy is funny, you two should have a stand up comedy routine! :)