two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, November 15, 2009

What we've been up to...

Just a little wine tasting and skiing...

On Veteran's Day, we rented a car from the local Enterprise. They only had two cars to choose from, and we went with the Corolla as opposed to the PT Cruiser. I was hoping for the PT Cruiser just because I thought it would be funny to watch Kenny drive around in a silver PT Cruiser, but alas his manly side came out and we went with the Corolla. Why did we need a rental, you might ask? Well for those of you that don't know, Kenny was rear-ended by a "speedy" car who decided that if two cars are stopped in front of you and the light is yellow, you can still go. Therefore, the Dodge truck is getting a little face lift, if you will. Hopefully we will get the Dodge back sometime after Thanksgiving break.

Our real fun started though when we decided to head down to Greenbank farms which is conveniently located in Greenbank on Whidbey Island (about 30 minutes South of us). They have a wine tasting room, cafe, and many art shops. We decided to do a little wine tasting of the local vineyards and then wandered over to the cheese shop to take a look. After looking at the art that I declared looked like something I did in art class in 3rd grade, we headed home. The best part of going was it was one of the few days this week that the wind has not nearly toppled you over and the rain hasn't been pelting you in the face.

The Barn...
I really liked the wooden cheese. It kind of reminded me of the movie "Ratatouille"

Then this weekend we decided to hit the slopes since our local mountain opened up on Thursday. We skied with our good friends the Smiths who snowboard which was awesome since that meant that Jamie and I could head to the lodge when our less experienced legs needed a break. I think I am finally getting the hang of this skiing thing! I have even said aloud that I would LIKE to go on a ski vacation!

Yeah, we skied that...

It is a definite winter wonderland!
It was pretty cold up there on the top, but pretty beautiful too!
We hope you all are gearing up for Thanksgiving! We are heading to Hawaii then, so we will be gratefully getting out of the wind and cold and heading to the (hopefully) sun and warmth!

1 comment:

Willcox Family said...

This makes me homesick for Whidbey!I am glad to see that you are living it up before you move. Miss you