two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Old Friends...


Because all posts should start with a cute picture of a cute dog...

As soon as school got out for Thanksgiving break, I packed my bag, left Kenny and Daisy at home (Daisy in charge of course), and headed to the airport bound for Whidbey.

After an unexpected delay, an unsuccessful sprint through the Dallas airport, and a long flight in the middle seat, I made it to three smiling faces at SEATAC!

Kylie!

Whitney, Jamie, and Kylie (Whitney's daughter) came to pick me up! Then we stopped at a Starbucks to meet with our friend Lara who was heading out for a Mexican cruise.

Then once we got to Jamie's house, we threw Whitney a surprise baby shower for baby girl Mumbach who will be here in April some time! Of course I forgot to take pictures until after the event (woops).

The next morning we met at Calico Cupboard for a yummy breakfast, took the kids bowling, and enjoyed some QT with old friends.

Cat and Carlos
Me, Kylie, and Whitney
Aunt Jamie and Carlos

On Monday, Whitney and I awoke to snow coming down in Oak Harbor and before we knew it we were stuck on Whidbey because Deception Pass bridge was closed.

It was a bit of an adventure, but it was amazing to go see old friends and to see the snow! I even got to see some of my students and just enjoy being super COLD :)

next up... Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

the bee said...

jealous that you got your first snow of the season before me! i thought you moving to texas was supposed to be warm...

Beth said...

That Daisy could not get any cuter! :) So glad you had fun in the OH, can't believe the snow! These pic's make me miss everyone!

Shanna said...

Ok, so this really makes me miss everyone! I'm glad you got to go have fun in Whidbey. I'd love to see you over Christmas if you're here while we're still here.

Meg Foster said...

Great pics! What beautiful friends you have.