two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Saturday, November 8, 2008

happy anniversary! (1.75 months late)


After missing our first anniversary together, Kenny and I decided we would go to the one fancy place in Oak Harbor for dinner to celebrate! We headed over to Fraser's Gourmet Hideaway which neither of us had been to yet. I forgot my camera even after I was reminded... woops. I do need to get better at that, but I "borrowed" these from the website.

Here is the outside of the restaurant...

We had a lovely bottle of wine from Oregon and a delicious tomato and mozzarella appetizer (my mouth waters just thinking about it....) THEN our main meals came. Kenny got a Kobe steak topped with crab with mashed potatoes and asparagus. His lips are smacking just thinking about it. I got a YUMMY seafood assortment including mussels in a broth that was FABULOUS. The shrimp in it were literally the size of my fist. HUGE!

THEN, because it was a special occassion and our pants were still fitting okay, we got a slice of white chocolate cheesecake with a raspberry sauce on the side. I could have eaten the entire cheesecake. It was heaven! And the sauce, oh the sauce, I would have licked it off the plate had we not been in a nice restaurant where everyone could have seen me.

The most "special" parts of the evening were the head chef who had a curled up mustache! (as seen below) AND the little hostess who would make rounds to different tables and serenade that table. The people behind us got to enjoy "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella. We left before getting serenaded.... DARN;)

So to say the least, it was a fabulous evening and dinner! Thank you to all who were there on September 15, 2007 and who have loved and supported us through this year. We are looking forward to another exciting year together!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Good Golly Miss Molly, isn't your "new blog look" the cutest thing ever! I love it! So glad y'all had fun...now that y'all have approved it I will make Nate take me there! :)

Beth said...

p.s. will you hate my guts if i steal your background?! :)