two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Visitors in August

We have been hosting some pretty sweet visitors if I don't say so myself. The second weekend Kenny was home, my Uncle Paul came into town. He was on his way to meet up with my parents (his sister and bro-in-law) for an Alaskan cruise. So we picked him up at the airport, took him to dinner at Seeds (a favorite dinner place), and brought him home to sleep. The next day we had brunch and made our way to church. Uncle Paul and I then hung out the rest of the day seeing state parks and possibly grabbing some ice cream in Coupeville. Then Uncle Paul got to see Kenny's plane and take a tour of the P-3. We did not take pictures after my previous incident. The next day it was back to the airport to say farewell.

Uncle Paul at Fort Ebey
Uncle Paul on ferry back to the mainland...

Kenny and I spent the week taking care of the puppy, Maya that we had previously spent a week with. Then we picked up my parents at the airport on Saturday after they finished their cruise! We had a week with them which included hiking, going on a boat tour of Deception Pass, making blackberry and raspberry jam, eating Gere-a-Deli sandwiches, kayaking, eating ice cream, and shopping. It was nice for my parents to get to actually see Kenny on a visit! They, too, got a tour of the base, but once again, no pictures. I think one run-in with the MPs is one too many!

Hiking at Sharpe Park (Sharpe is my grandmother's maiden name!)

At the squadron in front of their symbol...
Deception Pass during our boat tour with THE cheesiest guide ever!

We loved our visitors coming, and say, come on because we will be here less than a year now, so if you want to see the Pacific Northwest, get on it!

Kenny and I are in Cville for a wedding/2nd anniversary celebration/see all of the fam! So more blogging later!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This post makes me miss Whidbey sooo much!!! Glad you guys are making the most of it :)