two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, January 10, 2010

There are moments...

when you just want your mom around. Like right now when I am attempting to download the template for my National Honor Society certificates, but it isn't working, and I could REALLY use her perfect handwriting. Or like when I need her unbiased opinion on whether or not my quotes for my induction ceremony are "too liberal" or come from "too liberal" of sources. Or like when I have terrible congestion and a cold and I just want my mom to rub vick's vapo rub on me, but she is off gallivanting on a cruise off the coast of Mexico with my dad and some John Steinbeck scholar.

Well, I guess she does deserve her fun. Plus, my 24 hours of being mopey and sick are up (Buchanan house rule), so I would probably have to rub my own vick's vapo on me anyway. But, boy, could I still use her handwriting...

2 comments:

carolyn said...

well your "other mom" sends virtual rubs of vicks vaporub....I hope you are feeling better soon. Don't sweat the small stuff, it will all work out just fine. Hugs

Mom said...

I am sorry that I was gone, but I am glad that you missed me. Next time, I will know how to look for and use an Internet cafe.