two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We took a panoramic picture of the 8th grade

Again this week. (first time didn't go so great as some kids didn't make it to the picture.) so we got to waste a whole class period to redo this picture. And they frame it and hang it in the front office to remember all those amazing kids and teachers.


And my eyes were closed.


I think I was napping as HEB camp and state testing and the end of the school year has plum exhausted me. I know some people believe teachers have two month vacations in the summer, but be rest assured that is the only way we would come back to teach. We need to remember that we love teaching and children and rest up on sleep. To explain my point....
Student: Mrs. Vaughn, may I go to the Library to type my report.
Me: no, you have a computer in front of you.
Student: can I go to the library?
Me: no, you may not. it is closed.
Student: can I go to the library?
Me: no, you may not. It isn't open.
Student (following me to my desk): can I go to the library.
Me: no.
Student: why not!?!?
Me: last time I checked I don't have to give you a reason. Go sit down.
Child stomps off. End scene.

I was definitely napping in that picture or praying for patience.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

oh my....I think I've walked in your shoes...though they might be a different size....BUT the irritation IS THE SAME!!!!Summer please come soon...SMILE