two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Turning 29.

Many people have told me that this is my first 29th birthday. But personally I think it will be my only :). 

Maybe it is because Kenny will always be older than me. Maybe it's because most of the people we are around on a daily basis are older than me. Maybe it's because I am grateful to wake up each day with my little family. Maybe it's because I get to spend year 29 living in paradise. Maybe it's because I have this little person who teaches me every day. 

I don't know why I am so not upset about being so close to 30. What I do know is that year 28 started off finding out I was pregnant. I spent year 28 worrying, prepping to leave a job, selling a house, moving, and generally being on the go (except for that bed rest!) Year 29, I want to soak it in and savor the moments of life like watching Annie discover new things like her toes or seeing daisy light up when Kenny comes home. Year 29 is all about appreciating this sweet little life :)

Plus I always have to be older and wiser than Annie, right?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I really like your attitude...translated means #'s mean nothing....attitude means everything...always count your blessings. Every day is the best day of your life..and being in Hawaii makes it easier to make it happen.