two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A good day...

This past week was a little rough, so when I had just a fabulous day today, I felt that I needed to share. Now obviously the arrival of the newest little one has been such a blessing, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was bummed that I am not there this second. (Will be there in 7 days!) I have been putting on my big girl pants because that is what we Navy wives do.

So today was one of those blessings that just snuck up on me and wrapped me in love. Let me explain...

I woke up early so that I could head to a good friend's house to babysit her little 15 month old. Kylie has the sweetest little voice and loves to say "HI!" over and over again. We snuggled (arguably my favorite thing to do in the entire world), read books (second favorite thing), danced, played peekaboo, giggled, tickled, walked around, read some more, danced some more. Basically she was just a whole bunch of sunshine in my morning. THEN her mommy came home and I got to catch up with a good friend and spend a couple of hours just hanging out and eating lunch. Some of the best friends are those that you can do nothing with and feel like you have just had the most awesome afternoon possible. As I was leaving, Kylie stuck out her arms and cried that I was going. Now really, I know it is probably because the one who gave her lots of goldfish was leaving, but it warmed my heart nonetheless.

THEN! I got a message from my bro-in-law to get on the webcam and get to SEE really SEE my nephew. Now of course he was sleeping because that is what 3 day old babies do, but there he was hanging out in my beautiful sisters arms. This little person who will one day be a little boy, and then a little man, and then he will have stinky feet, and then I will tease him about having a girlfriend (EEEW!) There is so much love for him already that I hope I don't burst when I actually see him and hold him!

THEN! I headed over to my first ever Whidbey Island friend-Beth's house for dinner. Now going over there is like going over to a family member's house. And dinner is always yummy. Hello, Beth is from Texas - of course it's good! So comfort, love, warmth, friendship - all were provided, and then... the entertainment... was ... spectacular! Carter and her little friends were hysterical and provided a mini-concert for us with singing and dancing and booty shaking. Who needs to go to a concert when you have miley cyrus and her peeps right there in the living room? The fun and love in the Saxton house is just what a girl needs and reminds me how stinking blessed I am to have them as my WA fam!

So thanks to that Big Guy who knew what I needed, and thanks to friends for making it happen!

No comments: