two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Here is all our stuff...

It isn't in our Whidbey home... it is sitting out in the driveway in a big truck.

We had the home packed on Friday. Furniture was wrapped. Beds were taken apart. Mattresses were packaged. Then our friends swooped in, moved the stuff, and the truck was packed in about 3 hours.

The empty truck with our washer and dryer.
Getting all filled up!
The boys and the truck!

I was super helpful - I got pizza and beer and stayed out of the way. I have muscles, but not ones big enough to move things like our new fridge.

(Not exact picture, but you get the idea).

I kind of felt like the 3rd child again being told I was too little, but to be honest, this time it was a-okay with me to be too little.

Let's just hope we have such strong friends in Corpus!

I did spend my evening being productive. My friends and I went to walk for Relay for Life and raise money for kicking cancer's booty!

Thanks to our friends for their help and thanks to our families for your support and love during this crazy time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! It is really happening! Yeah, you two will be one time zone closer!!! God Speed!

Meg Foster said...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way as you start your last week of school and last week in Whidbey. We love you and are excited for you...confident there will be strong folks in Corpus...we can always come help :) Hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

Since I don't have a Google account, this will be from Anonymous, but it's me, your mom. Don't know if prayers for a truck and its contents is "legal," but I am sending them the truck's way. What an adventure! Prayers your way for "fair winds and following seas."