two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just in case you were wondering...

we are in Santa Fe having just flown over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter - yeah, a helicopter. You could say we are bad to the bone, or just that it was part of my bday present that I didnt know I was getting! Let's just say, you should be jealous because it was spectacular, and I got to sit in the front seat!!! Kenny was even jealous of that part. It helps to not weigh much :)

Anywho, we will be traveling to Albuquerque tomorrow to see where Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn met, fell in love, and got married (along with other things), and then Friday it is on to Granbury, TX to see the grandparents. Some may say that a major reason I married Kenny was because of his grandparents (I don't have any alive), and those some may not be entirely wrong. Then we will wake up Saturday and head to Liberty, TX to get Kenny's car and see my extended family (YEAH!!!), then Sunday it is on to CORPUS CHRISTI!!!

We close on the house on Tuesday, so all warm thoughts and well wishes accepted. We should start moving in, if all goes well, a week from TODAY!

Hope y'all are having a great week! We are relearning to sweat, wear sunscreen and sunglasses. We miss those dearly in WA (there may have been some major tears), but are excited to see those in TX.

Don't worry, pics of all of this trip will happen once I am in a home and not living out of a small backpack.

Peace out from New Mexico,
MGV and KWV

3 comments:

Beth said...

Y'all are so cool...I wanna' be like you when I grow up! :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that your long long journey has been broken up into small side trips that will leave many memories. Safe travels on your last leg of the journey.

Anonymous said...

It's your mom (since I have to post this as anonymous). We look forward to the pictures! Glad you are in Corpus and ready to set up the next adventure in your Navy life.