two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

a little hootie hoo!

So baby V and I are still hanging out and resting the best we can.  We have gotten good reports each week, and I have been granted permission to leave the house for things like going out to eat as long as I sit!  I am at 35 weeks, so two more and she will be full term.

We have kept ourselves busy by reading, doing word jumbles, writing letters, emailing friends, wrapping up my school stuff, and crafting a little.

I had a vision for making a mobile for the baby's room.  I am by no means the most crafty person, but the ones I saw online were all over $50.  So before I had even gone on bed rest, I had purchased almost everything I needed to create a mobile.
First I found a little owl design online and traced and cut out the pieces.

Then I hot glued the eyes and nose on, sewed up the little owls and stuffed them.
Then I sent my man servant (aka Kenny) to get a circle that I painted white and hung the little owls.
Kenny figured out how to hang the whole mobile as I obviously cannot climb on ladders, etc.  It is by no means perfect, but I like the simplicity of it.  I also love the fact that when we move, it will NOT be a big deal if something happens to it as in total it was about $9.  Kenny also got to use a hot glue gun for the first time.

Her room is pretty much done at this point.  She just needs to hold on two more weeks before she can see the whole thing!

Next up is setting up the pack n play and Christmas! Hope you all are gearing up for a great holiday!

2 comments:

the bee said...

so impressed with your crafting skills!

carolyn said...

It is so wonderful to be anticipating a birth in the season where we all anticipate THE birth. Aunt Christine and Grandma Carolyn will put a stamp on the ups and downs of having a Dec/Jan birthday!