two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby update

I wanted to post just a little something because this has been an eventful week, and we fully believe in the power of prayer.

Friday I woke up with bell's palsy, so the right side of my face doesn't move. Kind of looks like I have Botox on one side of my face. This doesn't hurt, but I just look awkward. :) I did get some sweet fake glasses that make me looks upper smart. This happens to women in the 3rd trimester because who doesn't want to look awkward and be super pregnant, right? In all seriousness, we were grateful for the minor complication.

Then Monday, I went in for an appt and my blood pressure was a little high and baby V had decided to stop her high kick routine for a bit.. Because of the this, I was admitted to the hospital. I have been put on bed rest until she comes. I am 33 weeks along, so she needs to stay in for a couple more weeks.  She is moving and grooving and my blood pressure is better, but in order to make sure I don't develop pre eclampsia, I must rest. We are grateful that the staff at the hospital is so cautious and are so wonderful. Spending two nights in a hospital is no one's idea of a good time, but they took great care of us.

I was finishing up work on the 21st, so I have hung up my teaching self a little sooner than planned. For the baby though, it is worth it.

Thank you for your support and prayers. We truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Keeping my thoughts with y'all and sending you a giant virtual hug! [And hoping you have 13 Going on 30 and Sweet Home Alabama at the ready for viewing...]

Molly Hammond said...

take good care of yourself molls! i know it's hard - especially since you are used to being on the go all day long. let people help, especially kenny! catch up on your sleep, reading, etc. bc soon you won't have the luxury! ;) praying that baby V stays put for a little bit longer. xoxo