two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, March 11, 2010

there is an end in sight

This might sound strange since this is the 6th deployment that we have done. However, tomorrow I will go to my last hail and farewell before our own in April, and I can see the end of this det in sight. I can also see the end of our time in Whidbey, which is sad. I can see the end of my job at North Whidbey Christian which is sad. I can see the end of living in our first married home together. I can see the end of extended time apart (for now). I see the end of living SO far away from our family.

All of these obviously stir up a whole smorgasbord of emotions, but there are of course exciting beginnings coming that cannot go unnoticed. Beginning of living only FIVE hours from family. Beginning of warm weather and real beaches. Beginning of living in a city with an airport. Beginning of having our family together :)

And now a little trek down memory lane...

Kenny and I enjoying the Corpus beach in 2006. I might have thought we were getting engaged that day and I might have been super wrong. :) Woops.
I look really cool on a T-44.
Kenny looking "fly" on the T-44 which he will instruct new students on when we go to Texas!

So it is kind of weird to see this end in sight and to know that soon we will pack up our first home and move. May we do this with grace and maturity and have a great end and a fabulous new beginning!

7 comments:

Beth said...

I know there is a lot about leaving Whidbey that is bittersweet, but I for one can't wait for you to ditch that place and get to Tejas! :) We miss y'all and can't wait to hang out with you again. Hooray for being almost done, you are awesome. And, you're going to love this whole shore duty thing...I've seen more of Nate in the last month than I did in the last three years! :) Oh, and I've never heard the story that goes with the day you "thought you were going to get engaged but didn't" that sounds hilarious! :)

molly said...

hi molly! your blog title was so perfect, in fact, coincidently, it was almost the title for a recent post i was working on- great minds think alike? or is it more appropriate that our 2 great minds happen to be feeling the exact same way right now!

i am so happy for you and kenny almost being done with this deployment and am so excited for the next adventure that you all have before you!

and, i can't wait to see you. in like 10 daysss :)

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

I, for one, am so excited for the next chapter of your lives! Change is hard, but it can be wonderful, too :)

Love you roomie!

Case and Los said...

Yes, sad and happy...Corpus is definitely a 180 out from WA!! I forget if I asked if you need or want any help looking for a house down here? Tons of instructors live right by us, but you'll have to figure out what your priorities are. Let me know if I can help!

Kenny said...

Thats a T-34, but you were close! Mine will be the same color but a little bigger with an additional engine.

I will be sad to leave Whidbey, even though Corpus will be awesome. I promise many days on that same beach!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

whew, I was worried for a moment that the aircraft that Kenny would be instructing was the teenie weenie...but alas....you, LIKE ME , get or numbers mixed up...and SIGH he will instruct on the one that gives TWO engines( a back up engine)peace of mind for both of us.

More importantly is that you have time to reflect on what has been and more importantly what is to come! the unknown holds many promises. Love to you in the next few weeks and in the next transition.

Lara said...

Noooooo!! Don't go! :(