two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vegas!

So I am super blessed. I have amazing friends and a husband who willingly pays for me to go hang out in Vegas with my amazing friends.

So after getting delayed 3 hours in the world's tiniest airport that consists of two gates that are literally in a trailer, I finally made it to Las Vegas! My poor east coast friends waited up for me at the hotel when I arrived at 10pm. They even allowed me to put on deodorant before we headed to dinner at Maggiano's. We enjoyed a nice meal and made it back to the hotel to crash.

Bridget, Me, Lizzy, and Annie eating. Please excuse their sleepy looks, but also notice our hotel in the back - The Wynn.

This was my bed and that is Annie in it. That bed was SUPER comfortable.
This is the view out our window. That sun was fabulous :)
The next day we spend shopping at J. Crew with a friend of Bridgee's mom and got a rad discount. I got a pair of shorts and a sweet dress that is pink. After a nice lunch, we sat out by the pool and enjoyed catching up even more. Then that evening we made our way to Mesa Grill which is Bobby Flay's place. If you don't know Bobby Flay, then you need to watch the Food Network and his throwdowns.

Lizzy and I got to the restaurant first and we were EXCITED! Please note the back of the chair that is cow print!

We were waiting for the fountain show in front of the Bellagio.

The food was great and the company was even better. Afterward we walked over to the Bellagio and watched the fountains, saw the gondolas at the Venetian, and even stopped by the massive Walgreens for some Milanos and Pirate's Booty. Then we hit the hay.

The next day we spent at the pool and then headed to the Mirage to eat at California Pizza Kitchen and see Love Cirque de Soliel. Then we headed back to the hotel to crash. Lizzy and Annie had EARLY flights and were up before the crack of dawn. Bridgee and I had a morning at the pool, ate In and Out burgers, and then departed at the airport.
Bridgee and I are SUPER excited to be at the pool!
All four of us loving the pool!
Annie and I decided to celebrate her belated birthday with some special drinks by the pool!Annie and I before we headed to see LOVE. The background is the lobby of our hotel which was stunning!



It was a wonderfully tame Las Vegas trip that was perfect for our little foursome. We loved getting to just be in the same place and cherish our friendship. (And maybe get some frozen yogurt with toppings like Arch's).

So moral of the story is that I have amazing friends and an amazing husband. May you have such a blessed life.

To those who couldn't make it, we missed you. Next time for sure!

6 comments:

Bridgee said...

Love all these pictures! Can you put them on facebook or send me an e-mail with them or something? Whatever is easiest for you I'd just love to be able to print them out! What a great trip!!

Kenny said...

I am mostly jealous of the In and Out burger.

Beth said...

Oooohhhh I'm jealous! I would have to say that this looks like the perfect Vegas trip...exactly what I would do if I were to vacation there!! :) So glad you had fun with all your friends! Now on to Kenny coming home!! YAY!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great time in the sun...always good to share good times with special friends. Speaking of special friends...you best buddy should be home soon. Have a Happy Easter and a happy day after Easter too. Love to you...and must say I too am most jealous of the in and out burger since a day by the pool would scare too many people who would have to look at me...ha ha..or maybe not so ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. You all are indeed blessed to be such good friends! From you mom, although it will say "anonymous."

Case and Los said...

Awesome trip! We went to the Wynn for dinner one night in the fall when we were there. Vegas can be so fun without all the debauchery, who knew!?