two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, April 24, 2011

where i have been


for the past week - at HEB camp with a cabin of 12 8th grade girls in a cabin with NO air conditioning and little air flow. We battled a snake, hiked up a mountain, canoed, had a skit night and fashion show, made cookies in dutch ovens, tie dyed shirts, played volleyball, and rode on a school bus for a total of 12 hours. My kids were great! They were respectful and went to bed when I told them. They also made me a pretty sweet t-shirt.

Pictures to follow, but I didn't want you to worry that we had fallen off the earth. Just been a little busy saving people's lives in the Frio River. You know, that lifeguard stuff is hereditary...

3 comments:

Pembs said...

Amazing! Makes me miss my days are camp. :)

Glad you are well m'dear.

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you (and your brother and sister) to get life-guard certified...

anonymous mom

carolyn said...

sounds like fun except for the no a/c and the SNAKE part...I would have immediately walked back to Corpus if there was a snake! Glad you enjoyed and survived.