two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

He is HOME!

Kenny arrived around 930pm on Sunday evening! We did have to wait a little bit (they had to stop in Spokane to get more gas). Though we didn't get to have dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant which was the original plan, we did get to have a late dinner TOGETHER!

The next day we got to go get pumpkins! (I have been itching to get a pumpkin, especially a wee pumpkin, but knew that I needed to wait for Kenny.)

This is MY pumpkin...
And here Kenny is with HIS pumpkin (with the hat on), our wee pumpkin, and my pumpkin...
It was a gorgeous day at Dugualla Bay Farms, and we could even see Mount Baker clearly that day! The little white place near the telephone pole is Mount Baker's tip. (And Meg, I am wearing the old school 17th street shirt!) It is certainly nice to have him home especially since now I don't have the stress of keeping his tomato plants alive! Thanks to mom who let me in on the secret of Miracle Grow. So here is Kenny with this year's crop. Maybe next year our cucumbers and peppers will actually grow!We are savoring these days of no work and all fun before that thing called work gets in the way! We are off to the commissary to get some food since the Chef is back in the kitchen - THANK GOODNESS! No more cereal dinners for me!

2 comments:

wild said...

lol nice!

Beth said...

So happy to see you so happy! I think that there is not many things better that the "having your husband home high" that comes after they've been gone for a while! :)