two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Saturday, November 1, 2008

BOOOOO - tastic!!

We had a great Halloween week during which we carved our pumpkins. Since last year was my first year ever carving a pumpkin, I was sure that this year I would be a pro. Well maybe not a pro, but at least faster and better at it! So here are our works of art all lit up on Halloween night! Mine is the one on top - it is supposed to be scary pumpkins. Kenny's is the one on the bottom and obviously a spider.

After much deliberation over what to be for Halloween for Kenny's squadron party (I thought we should be Barbie and Ken), we decided to be Greek. So off to Wal-Mart we went in search of sheets, a little ivy, and other accessories. To say the least, NEVER go to Wal-Mart on Halloween. Talk about nutty! So finally my three years of Latin and Pompeii Day paid off, and here were the results...

And compliments of our lovely friends, the Saxtons, a picture of the happy two-some at the Halloween party.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! And got to eat lots of candy!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Carter is looking forward to playing with Barbie and Ken tomorrow night! :)

Meg Foster said...

Ummm...Molly, we need to talk about your toga-tying skills. Love that you are still wearing the 17th St shirt and am impressed with your pumpkins!! Maeve made "snakes" with play-doh this weekend. They reminded me of road kills. Heehee.

shannonandforrest said...

Hey Molly! I saw your comment on Beth's blog and l-o-v-e your costumes: simple, cute, using things I can find in my own linen closet. The toga has just become my go-to last minute idea! I'm happy for you that Kenny is home =)