two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, November 24, 2008

the job...

so the first week was great fun with a little lecture, a little learning how to take notes, a little critical reading, and a little puppet show. I had a blast getting into the classroom and getting to even grade papers! I give my first test this Wednesday. I am hoping that they do okay on it since I don't know how fast they can move. I was talking to my co-worker/friend, and we have discovered that these students don't have very high expectations for themselves. Well they are lucky they get to have me as a teacher because I have high expectations and expect them to meet them! We shall see how it goes!

Hope everyone is gearing up for Thanksgiving! Thanks for all the support and well wishes on the teaching job!

No comments: