two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Friday, February 27, 2009

Posting from Virginia

Well I arrived in VA Tuesday evening and immediately got my hands on the cutest little boy in the world, Will!
Then I woke up at 7 am (4am my time) to play with my beautiful and fun little niece, Maeve! It was a fun filled day that wore out poor Aunt Molly. We snuggled, we went to the park, we ate snack, we read before nap, we napped, we read some more, we played with plastic fishes in the sink, and we got a bath. Aunt Molly was exhausted! But thrilled to get to play with her favorite two year old. The only bump in the road on day one was when Maeve woke up from nap and I was holding Will. Woops, someone was a wee bit jealous and had a wee bit temper tantrum and then had a wee cry about it. Being two can be exhausting. :)Maeve helped Aunt Molly pick out her clothes to wear, but what Aunt Molly didn't know was that Maeve wanted to wear Aunt Molly's clothes. She picked out a Chi Omega shirt to wear which was just fine with Aunt Molly because hopefully she will be a future Chi O! (at UVa....don't tell Andrew).

But here is the man of the hour! He is precious and sweet and laid back and already listens to his big sister!

Enjoy my niece and nephew - I am off to read again as Aunt Molly!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You are SUCH a good aunt!! :) Glad to hear you are having so much fun! Those kiddos are lucky to have you! :)

mollymmccabe@gmail.com said...

sweet sweet sweet! so glad you had a good trip!!