two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, February 4, 2010

NEXT lesson for the week...

When you are a Navy wife, you move lots, you apply for jobs lots, and you make friends lots.

Well when one thing goes wrong because you made a plan (silly me) and thought it would TOTALLY work out (REALLY silly me) and then reality smacks you in the face, you need your family and your friends.

To say this past Tuesday morning was pretty awful is an understatement. It wasn't the biting off of the elephant because I have been super focused on nibbling my small portions; it was the, Texas would like to make it harder for you to get a job despite the fact you went to two prestigious universities thing that smacked me right across the face Tuesday. (My mom says not to bring that up to Texas because that won't help my cause... kill them with sweetness... not snootiness.)

So back to the lesson of today... Bless Kenny's heart. He called to tell me that he was safe and sound and got a sobbing wife. Then my sister called me, and got a sobbing sister. Then my friend called me, and got a sobbing friend. Now if you know me, I only sob when I am super frustrated which was the case. So, Kenny, Meg, and Jamie all told me that it would all be okay and a door will always open and opportunities will come!

Then, after teaching, going to the gym, talking to my mom rationally about everything (she didn't get the sobs), I made my way up to Anacortes to pick up Jamie for a farewell dinner.

What was there to make my day so much brighter?

These:


So despite being frustrated your lesson for the week is to stay positive, surround yourself with great friends and family, and have faith that all will work out! Because it will! (and a little chocolate never hurts!)

6 comments:

Case and Los said...

Dude. Getting a teaching job in TX is awful. And the schools here are AWFUL. If you want commiseration, my great friend Kiesha jumped through all those hoops, just to be super disappointed with the 2 schools she's been at here so far. But I'm sure she'd share the process she went through with you. If you want?
Where do you guys want to live here? FB me whenever you're free, I can give you my two cents:)

Beth said...

So sorry friend!! We need a phone call catch up soon, I'd love to know whats making things so difficult! Hang in there...you can make it through anything! P.S. I only get to check FB once in a blue moon so thanks for the update...HILARIOUS!!

molly said...

i'm sorry you had such a tough few days. i wish i could give you a big hug- but soon enough!

keep nibbling that elephant- you start on one side of it, i'll start on the other and soon enough we'll meet in the middle and we'll be together and the elephant will be gone!

stay strong and i'm thinking of you! xoxo!

Molly Hammond said...

hang in there molly! xoxox

Kristin said...

A friend of mine also had trouble with TX. She ended up teaching at a private school in San Antonio. Good luck! Maybe this is a sign you guys should have a baby instead!! ;) Good luck - it will work out. You're tenacious!

austin said...

you're still the best big sister and oreo-eating friend in the whole wide world.

wuv you. hang in there.
phone date soon?