two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, June 13, 2011

I hang out with some high-fa-lutin people

Like Thomas Jefferson (and Brittany)
My students know of Thomas Jefferson as one of these following names:" TJ," "Hoo is Mrs. Vaughn's favorite president?" "A little man made a BIG deal with this man!" "My homeboy!" "My BFF!" "My BUDDY!" and my personal favorite, "My Boyfriend." That one makes all the 8th grade children giggle.

Of course I am not dating Thomas Jefferson, but I did make an awkward comment in class about how good ol TJ may have had some kids by another lady... aka, Sally Hemings. And as Tina Fey said, "In order to get some play in Charlottesville, you either have to be a Martha Jefferson or a Sally Hemings." Now off that awkward topic...

If I wasn't hanging out with my homeboy, I was hanging out with these sweet ladies...
How did TJ get in there??? Sneaky, sneaky...

Thanks for a great reunions ladies (and gentleman!)

Love,
Molly (aka, TJ's girlfriend)

3 comments:

the bee said...

i love this picture.

Bridgee said...

Really?

That one picture?

Where I look like drunk Aunt Linda who wandered into a picture with a group of sober strangers?

Sigh.

Beth said...

You are probably the coolest teacher those kids will ever have...they are lucky!