two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not to toot my horn

But I won a $100 gift card Wednesday for my classroom!(Please note me in my circle dress that I have sweated through and have sweat rolling down my legs. Also please note that I am doing the sorority squat. When I said, "Let's sorority squat," the other women didn't know what I was talking about. Don't I live in Texas?)

I was told that I was meeting with Wal-Mart executives to chat about forming a relationship with our school district. After sweating through the opening remarks from the various people there opening the Super Wal-Mart including our state representative and a youth pastor, we were awarded (unbeknownst(sp?) to us) our gift cards!

Our principal was super sweet in rewarding our hard work. I jokingly said I would buy cookies for my room, but in actuality, our school needs lots of things like notebooks, glue, pencils, paper, etc. We even have a need for children underwear and socks which always breaks my heart. I am sure that the $100 will go quickly. I just hope that whatever it is that I spend it on serves as many kids as possible.

Boy, was I glad I wore a washable dress... I almost wore something that needed to be dry cleaned... CLOSE call. Now I just have to wait for the excitement of Wal-Mart opening to die down so that I can actually go into the store!

3 comments:

Bridgee said...

You look so beautiful! And that's wonderful about the gift cards!

carolyn said...

well, congrats on the FREE MONEY!!
You are so right....too many in need...the $$$ will be gone before you know it. I just spent $60.00 to find visors for my 2nd grade bears...well I mean children who need costumes to become a bear for a holiday program. In the long run..worth every penny for my beary special bears! I just wish their parents knew how much we give in $$ and time and love and effort. Thanks Molly for giving all of the above.

msbuchanan said...

Toot that horn! Congratulations to you and to Flour Bluff.