two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, January 22, 2012

So my parents

are really models.

Okay, maybe they aren't runway models even though Mom has got some moves she could use on that runway, BUT we did have a photo shoot for them while they were here for Thanksgiving. They are NEVER photographed together, so I told them that I was planning this, and they had to show up. It totally helps that as the third child I can guilt them by saying things like, "Well, I don't have that many pictures of MY grandparents who have since left this Earth." Yes friends, I used death guilt to get some beautiful pictures of my parents. Sue me.

They have spent 42.5 years laughing together which is a great lesson for all of us!
And Dad has spent 42.5 years talking and telling stories (as he did throughout the photo shoot).
And they have spent 42.5 years supporting each other and standing by each other in tough times and in great times.
And they created and raised 3 beautiful children (if I don't say so myself).
And they never stop having adventures and enjoying life (like Dad is right here!)
Thanks for being great role models to Kenny and me about how to keep this marriage thing rolling and embracing all of life's ups and downs and how to take sweet model-like pictures. We hope we did you proud.Thank you to our friend Kara for taking the pictures!

5 comments:

Bridgee said...

great pics my dear!

Beth said...

I love it!! Your parents are the cutest thing ever!!

msbuchanan said...

What a beautiful tribute! Thank you. (words fail me, and that is rare)
Love, Mom

carolyn said...

Great photos of a great couple! Not everyone is lucky to have good role models, but it really does make a big difference!

the bee said...

wonderful pictures, everybody looks great!