two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Suprise for Kenny!

A few friends of ours and I decided it would be fun to surprise Kenny for his birthday with a little get-together in his honor. This was an especially important year since it was 09-09-09 which is a pretty cool date! Although I am NOT good at keeping a secret, I successfully kept this one for over a month! (This is a huge accomplishment for me.) Kenny's family graciously sent me some pictures, so I could effectively embarrass Kenny on his big day! And with some MAJOR help from Beth and Nate (THANK YOU THANK YOU!) who so kindly opened their home, cooked the food, and bated Kenny into coming over to their house, we successfully surprised the birthday boy!

Someone thinking that his "big celebration" was helium balloons. (He might have also been slightly annoyed I was taking FOREVER to get ready to drive down to the airport.)

Here is the birthday boy is with his clothesline of pictures! He definitely looks less annoyed with me :)
His personal poster (sorry for being fuzzy). He sure was a cutie as a kid!
Then it was oreo cake time with a little singing! (He couldn't believe I had time to make it - wonder why I wasn't packed for our trip east...)
The Birthday Boy and I (who could not get over that I had actually not spilled the beans!)

Thank you to all of our friends for helping celebrate my best friend's birthday and for being awesome at yelling, "SURPRISE!" And a huge thank you again to the Saxtons who have definitely been our family in the Pacific Northwest since day one! Can't wait to keep the fun going in Texas! And a huge thank you to my mom, Christine, and the Vaughns for all calling and insisting that Kenny actually chat with them to buy me some more time!

3 comments:

Beth said...

It was so great! You did an awesome job of pulling the whole thing off! :) Looking forward to being back soon!

Anonymous said...

To rephrase a quote from H. Clinton.."it takes a village to surprise a child ( in this case a grown up!)" thanks for all your special efforts Molly....we love you for loving Kenny! It looks like it was all such fun. Thanks for posting it so we could share vicariously.

Meg Foster said...

Yeah Uncle Kenny! (and good job Molly for keeping a secret!). We can't wait to see the pics of Kenny as a kid. Happy Monday!
Lots of love!