two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Last weekend Kenny and I got our Christmas tree at the local tree farm. It was PRETTY chilly outside, so we picked a good Fraser Fir and made our way home!

We got it all decorated and listened to some great holiday music (a little Bing Crosby). Please also notice our Advent Wreath! I have been wanting one of these since we got married. My mother's church bookstore connection has finally paid off, and she got us the wreath, candles, AND snuffer as an early gift! Kenny has not done a good job of holding up the tradition of fighting over who gets to light the candles and snuff them out, but hopefully with each passing year, he will get into the Buchanan tradition!

We also went to a beautiful wedding down in Seattle where we got to see the 49ers who happened to be staying at the hotel!
We have also had three Christmas parties this week! I had my VQ-1 Spouse's club party, and we have had two parties for Kenny's squadron.

Kenny and I won a Starbucks gift card!

It has been a packed week, and we are looking forward to getting to the east coast to hang out with family and friends!

I hope you and yours are gearing up for a great holiday season!

1 comment:

Willcox Family said...

This makes me homesick for Washington! For some odd reason I found myself a little jealous as I looked at your pictures of Washington and the squadron parties(odd). Miss you! Hope you have a great Christmas break!