two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, March 18, 2010

X and a Horseshoe, Chi O!

This will be the second weekend in a row during which I get to see a Chi Omega. I am pretty excited! One of my sisters, Sally, is living in Seattle for 9 months while she works with the PGA, so she and I met up this past weekend to do a little shopping. When you live in an area that only boasts a Wal-Mart, it is always an adventure going to a mall with a NORDSTROMS! I got two books at a BARNES AND NOBLE! and a pair of sassy heels at DSW! I am not a huge shopper, but I LOVE barnes and noble and dsw. Books and shoes. Amazing :) And spending time sipping a sparkling pomegranate lemonade with one of the sweetest people in the world just kind of made my Sunday. So thanks to Sally for unintentionally moving only 2 hours away from me :) I appreciate it.

The Help = AWESOME book, cannot put down!

THIS weekend, I get to see Molly Harris Laufer, another stellar Chi Omega. Molly got married this past September and allowed Kenny and I to celebrate our second anniversary hanging out in Cville. Not only that, but Molly is one of those girls whose laugh is contagious, whose smile is always warm, and who give some pretty amazing hugs. Now why is Molly coming to the Seattle area? She is coming home from a LONG deployment on the USS Nimitz and their last port stop is Bremerton. Now if you are thinking, but if she got married in September and has been on a long deployment, how does that work? Well my friends, it means she got hitched, honeymooned, and deployed. So her homecoming is super special in that she will actually be with her HUSBAND! YEAH!! So this Sunday, I will head down to Seattle to meet up with Molly and her Tigers (people that come spend time on the ship to experience carrier life) which just happen to be her sweet mom and mom-in-law.

Molly and Molly in the good ol' days at the Chi O house...

Now hold onto your horses because there is going to be a third Chi Omega weekend... I know. I can hardly stand it myself. Next weekend I will head to Las Vegas to hang out with THREE Chi Omegas! It will be crazy exciting :)

Esteel (or Lizzy or Elizabeth) and Bridgee (or Bridget) will be meeting me in Vegas!
And Banoo/Bananie (or Annie) will be there too!
Hope you all have a great weekend filled with people whom you love lots too!

5 comments:

molly said...

this blog makes me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! 2 and a half days (yes, I'm counting half days :) til I see you. SO excited!!!

the bee said...

wohoo for all the chi o love in your life right now!

still jealous that you got to hang out with sally, but excited that you got to go shopping!

Bridgee said...

i am so excited i just want to run up and down the halls at work screaming and waving my arms

molly said...

me too, Bridgee! Too bad we don't have jobs where this is considered acceptable behavior in the workplace.

maybe we should work at a day care, instead.

Meg Foster said...

I am so excited for you all and for the Chi O love. Enjoy all the visits and the time together. You're such a dear group of friends, and we Fosters appreciate all the love you've shared with us. Give Molly V an extra special hug from me cause I miss her.