two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day and other news...

So, I kind of feel like a poor daughter/daughter-in-law for not posting about those special ladies in our lives. However, traveling on Mother's Day and you know, making life changing decisions can kind of dampers a girl ability to blog. We did call our mothers though and appropriately loved on them, but a little shout out on the blog is always nice. :)

So thanks for raising us and making us such awesome people ;) No no, in all seriousness, thanks for always cheering us on and supporting us through all of our big decisions. We love you both and appreciate greatly everything you have done for us and sacrificed for us!
Here they are:

And just in case you haven't heard - we bought a house! I seriously cannot believe we have actually bought a house. It is still being finished with important things like A/C, light fixtures, and carpet. It was pretty painless for me since I flew in, looked at 8 homes, narrowed it down to 2, looked at them again, looked at a rental, and put in an offer. Kenny did all of the hard work before I made it down there, so a major thanks to Kenny for the stress and driving!

So here is our beautiful new home without grass and a real front door, but here it is!

The Front of the House:
The formal dining room. (I LOVE the arches!)
The living room (don't mind me looking a little sweaty)Our back patio that will have a fan and outside furniture!

This is the living room looking at the backyard and the breakfast nook/sitting area and wine hutch possibly?
The master bathroom and closet on the left.
The kitchen (and our realtor in the back)
There is the pantry in the middle. We are so excited about a pantry! And the mud room is the open door in the back.
There are three bedrooms, so come on down for a visit! And wow, we bought a house! And just in case anyone is wondering - in one month's time, we will be leaving Whidbey Island for our trek to Corpus! WOW!

12 comments:

Bridgee said...

When can I come visit? Maybe late summer??

The Hudock Family said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful house, and so huge and open compared what I am used to seeing here. I bet you even have closets!! Enjoy!

the bee said...

i want to visit too!

molly said...

ahhh i am so stinkin' happy/excited for you two! congratulations on such an exciting time in your life! thrilled for you and cannot wait to keep up with your adventures! xoxo!

Kristin said...

I second Amber's comment! You have a MANSION! With a yard!

Beth said...

I love it!! It's beautiful...can't wait to visit and hang out, so happy for you! :) Can I come help you decorate?!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

Ummm... WOW! I'm so excited for you!

Also, thanks for the blog post that made me feel like I was watching an episode of House Hunters. That was incredible.

Molly Hammond said...

SO jealous! i can't wait to see updated pics with all of the decorating you do! congrats!

Shanna said...

I LOVE your new house! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

still seems like a dream that you are about to become home owners. thanks for giving Susan and Me top billing on your blog! Mother's day was wonderful, honored by all and a day of relaxation for me. Keep plugging away at packing those boxes. You will have plenty of places to put things in your new home. I vote for the C-ville picture to be placed above the fireplace!! ( oh I know you will find just the right spot..you have a lovely knack for decorating. Love you lots

mollymmccabe@gmail.com said...

Congrats Molly! The house looks fabulous!

Willcox Family said...

Molly your hose is beautiful! I really hope that you enjoy Texas. Come visit us in the winter when you miss the snow.