two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, May 31, 2010

What we've been up to...

So, after much searching, we realized that someone packed the cord to connect the camera to the computer. Just a wee problem as you try to upload photos.

We went to the drive-in movie theater to take our friend's daughter to see Shrek 4 and to cross that off Kenny's list of things to do. Kylie LOVES Shrek. She always asks to get to watch Shrek and Princess Fiona and does the best interpretation of Dragon I have ever seen. We were pretty excited to go and enjoy the evening together. They even play fifties music before the movie starts to dance to! The best part was that there were 10 adults, a two year old, and an eleven month old. It was a wee bit chilly and windy, but lots of fun to hang out with friends and enjoy a great evening together.

Bobby and Lara
The Vaughns. Please notice our UVA hats :)
The Yates and Kylie. No Kylie is not their child, but she only wanted to hang out with them.
Jamie and Whitney as we waited the long line to get into the drive in.
The Infantes.

Then this weekend was the birthday weekend. If you can have a three day birthday celebration, why not?

Friday was the all girl party during which we ate Mexican food and went and saw Sex and the City 2. It was great fun to be with some fun friends and get all dressed up.

This was the only picture I took. It is my FABULOUS birthday cake. I love Barefoot wine, so my friend got me a red velvet Barefoot birthday cake!

Saturday, I picked up Kenny from the airport and we had a nice dinner at a tapas rest. called Tango. The food was great, the wine was delicious, and the company was superb. It was a nice way to end our time in the Pacific Northwest.

Here is Kenny after we had devoured a lot of the food. We meant to take pictures of it all, woops.

My new sassy outfit.
The amazing dessert!

Sunday, (the actual natal day), we had a bbq at our friend Whitney's house with all of our friends to just enjoy memorial day and eat some amazing hamburgers and drink some yummy sangria.


The ladies: Whit, myself, Cat, Jamie, and Kristy.
The boys are grilling.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Hopefully year 26 will be fun and exciting as we make our new home in Texas.

5 comments:

Molly Hammond said...

molly, you are adorable - have i ever told you that!? promise you will let me know the next time you are in d.c., k?

Beth said...

Looks like fun!! Can't believe how chilly it looked at the drive in, don't worry about packing your cool weather gear and not being able to find it cause' you won't be needing it any time soon!! It is HOT here! We're kinda' loving it though. Let's just say I'm going ahead and adding getting a sno cone to our list of things to do with y'all when you get here!! :) Can't wait. Happy Birthday...wish we could have celebrated with you...love that cake, too cute! :)

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry I am such a horrible friend, but can we blame it on me being out of town over the weekend? Please? (I also forgot my friend Liz's...so I'm striking out all over the place...)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness,I've never seen folks so bundled up to go to a drive-in movie, especially in MAY! Oh well, you didn't have to worry about mosquitoes.Think back to that 'cool' time when you are baking and sweating in TX!!

Willcox Family said...

Happy late birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun and a wonder chocolate cake!