two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Monday, May 3, 2010

Farewell, sort of

Kenny and I got farewelled this past Friday. This basically means that the squadron says good bye and gives Kenny his squadron gifts. Then Kenny gets to speak to the guys there and say his parting words. Since I am not allowed to rave about how awesome Kenny is, let's just say that it was very touching. Kenny then got to go play 9 holes of golf with some of the guys, and the girls and I then prepared for our farewell dinner. It was a lovely evening with friends, steaks, and cookie cakes. Luckily, we still have a month here to get our house packed and move, but it was the start of the farewell...

This weekend we are heading to Corpus Christi, TX to get a look at housing, so hopefully, we will find a home and get even more excited about our move!

4 comments:

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

Can I rave about how awesome Kenny is, since you can't?

Most notably because he introduced me to BBQ Chicken Pizza...for that I will be forever grateful.

Also because he makes you happy. And that makes ME happy.

OK, so all the reasons I just listed are very narcissistic. Sorry, Kenny. But thanks for the pizza that time.

The Hudock Family said...

Enjoy your last month! I suggest loading up on Gere-a-Deli while you can... =)

Anonymous said...

how nice to be the guests of honor at the hail/farewell event since you have had to attend many of them for others. I would assume that Kenny's words were from the heart, and the words spoken about him were great. We're not biased are we??? Good luck on the house hunt. Try not to be overwhelmed.

Beth said...

Hurry up and get down here already!! :)