two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Thursday, October 11, 2012

6 months pregnant

The awkward moments that have happened...

A student walking into my classroom and rubbing my belly on her way in.

Awkward.

After asking if I could go run to the restroom, a co-worker took her hand and rubbed my WHOLE belly round and round.

Awkward.

Walking into the gym, the woman behind me said, "You look just like my son's fiance!" I turned and said, "Oh, really?" She then proceeded to rub my belly. 

Awkward.

A co-worker came up to me and asked if the baby was moving.  I said that yes she moves sometimes.  She then asked if she could feel it the next time the baby moved.  Um...

Akward.


Who knew being pregnant could have so many socially awkward encounters?



6 comments:

Bridgee said...

I will come rub your belly if you don't post pictures of you with the belly.

I WANT TO SEE THE BUMP.

I feel ripped off that all these awkward, touchy strangers are getting to see your belly and I do not get to. I promise not to rub it.

Beth said...

Hah! I second that!!! Not getting to see a pic of you pregnant...AWKWARD!! Hurry up already :)

Meg, Andrew, Maeve and Will said...

And then there are the awkward people who tell you how to have the baby (male faculty member - Lamaze is the only way to go - weird!) and tell you how to parent the baby. Let the awkwardness begin!!!

carolyn said...

Ah who would have anticipated that your belly would become public property.

Molly Hammond said...

other akward-ness to look forward to:

"wow, you're huge!"

strangers touching your newborn baby (grrrr!)

"you look like you're 16!"

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

I am telepathically rubbing your belly.

How is that for awkward?

[Wish I could rub it in real life!]