two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Day of School!

Although I only taught 3/4 of a school year and at that it was part-time, I am glad to say that I have finished my first-ish year of teaching! This year has certainly been different teaching at a very small, private, Christian school which is not exactly what I pictured, but then again, when does that Navy life ever give you what you pictured?

With that said, I have learned lots.
- How to deal with angry parents.
- How to deal with unmotivated students.
- How to teach a tiny class.
- How to plan a field trip.
- How to integrate Jesus into the classroom.

So thanks for all who supported me during this first year! Here is a picture of my students when we hiked at Deception Pass.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You're free for the summer, YAY! And I'm so jealous you're headed to TX!

Kenny said...

Those kids were lucky to have such an awesome history teacher! Im so proud of you for all of the hard work you put into teaching this year :)