two people, one dog, and one baby figuring out life in Hawaii

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For those of you who didn't get to come see the house...

We took some pictures of the house we were taking care of last week. Granted these pictures were taken on my phone and before I realized the plastic was still on the back of the phone. Woops! In my defense, we had placed one of those snazzy rubber protectors on the phone so that if I drop it it wont get hurt; therefore, I had no idea there was plastic on the back of the phone... But I digress. Here is the stunning home and one of my new BFF and I.

The view from the back
The kitchen
The living room
The office (which is identical on the other side as well... amazing bookshelves!)
The Master BathThe Dining Room (I would LOVE for that many books and those bookshelves!)

My new BFF and I. We became close since you know I had to wake up at 6am to take her to go potty and then we spent lots of time inside snuggling since the rain was pretty much constant ! I miss her, but I dont miss going out in the cold, wind, and rain at 6am!
We have missed our luxurious home in the sense that I could dabble on the baby grand piano and enjoy the heated floors when it was SOOOO cold last week. However, there is nothing like home among your own things and and in your own bed. Also, on our last day, we were attacked by carpenter ants that supposedly emerge each year. So I guess even if you do have a gorgeous home, there can be some not so glamorous things about it!

We are currently enjoying sunshine and 60 degree weather which is AWESOME! And although the rain is supposed to return on Thursday, we are savoring every ray of sunshine on our back porch with a tall glass of lemonade!

Hope you all are having sunshine!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hands down...coolest house I've been in since I got here! Thanks so much for sharing the wealth with us! :) I wonder if we beg the sun to stay if it would make a difference...it has been SO nice!